Challenge: To run a cross-platform campaign to alert people to slavery in our world – and show them how we can fight it, together
CNN wanted to raise awareness of slavery and its landmark anti-slavery initiative, the Freedom Project. However, audience feedback had indicated that people felt helpless about slavery and didn’t know what they could do to help.
The team came up with the “Fly to Freedom” initiative, which asked people to make a paper airplane, write an anti-slavery pledge on it and share a photo or video of it on social media.
A promotion campaign pushed “Fly to Freedom” across CNN, CNN International, HLN and Turner social media, complemented by on-air and on-site promotion. The callout was led by prominent CNN anchors including Anderson Cooper and Christiane Amanpour.
— CNN Freedom Project (@CNNFreedom) 30 November 2015
The team partnered with anti-slavery organizations and educational establishments, who took part and promoted the initiative to their networks.
— CNN Freedom Project (@CNNFreedom) 1 December 2015
Contributions were received from all over the world, including from large group events and professional-standard films. The initiative reached millions of people through social media, television promotion, PR and partners. Most importantly, it showed people how simple choices and actions could help the fight against modern-day slavery.
— CNN Freedom Project (@CNNFreedom) 7 December 2015
- Campaign ran across CNN, CNN International, CNN Arabic, CNN Espanol, HLN and Turner Entertainment
- Coordinated mutilingual push across TV and digital platforms
- CNN anchors including Christiane Amanpour, Anderson Cooper, Wolf Blitzer and Richard Quest participated
- Celebrities including actress Mira Sorvino, Bollywood stars Shah Rukh Khan and Kajol, footballer Samuel Eto’o, artist Anish Kapoor and campaigner Livia Firth took part
- 60 NGOs and charities participated
- 2.4m social impressions and 33k engagement instances
- Over 1m uniques and 2m page views at the height of the campaign
- Colcrys 0.6 mg tablet side effects
- Buy verapamil online from California
- Meloxicam 7.5 para que sirve
- Where to buy remeron 30mg online in Virginia
- Tricor prices canadian pharmacy
- Where to buy pravachol in Wyoming online
- Where to buy oxytrol online in Baton Rouge
- North Carolina shipping hytrin 5mg
- Where to buy levaquin 500mg in Columbus online
- Madison shipping starlix
Linnie Rawlinson was CNN International’s Executive Producer for Specials and Features. With teams in London and Hong Kong, she led CNN’s international features team, delivering engaging, shareable content to millions of users each day that generated millions of dollars in advertising revenue each year.